COVID- 19 Information
As parts of the country lift stay-at-home orders, many small businesses are starting to plan their reopening.
Currently, I am just starting to think about working again as I believe I am considered a low-risk business and able to reopen during phase 2 of California's current plan. I'd like to take a moment to outline my plan for reopening to help you understand what to expect when working with Photography by Arika Reed in the near future.
I will resume outdoor (only) sessions starting on June 6th by rescheduling any cancelled sessions from the past 3 months. Any cancellation/reschedule penalties have been waived for any session that was expected to take place between March 14th - May 31st, 2020. New inquiries will be scheduled only after all rescheduled sessions have been confirmed.
I am excited to get back to doing what I love, however, in order to do so safely, we must follow our state and federal guidelines.
Luckily, I am a one person company and considering that our sessions are held outside with little or no contact, this list isn't too long! Below is a list of procedures and guidelines that I will follow when I reopen:
Note: Last Updated 6/4/2020. I will continue to update as any plans change.
- Sanitization – All equipment with which a client may come into contact will be sanitized before and after a session. I will use hand sanitizer prior to each session.
- Limited Gatherings – Only standard sessions (5 people or less) will be accommodated at this time. I will not be booking events until further notice.
- Face Covering – I will wear a face covering or mask during the shoots.
- Maintaining Distance – Whenever possible, I will maintain our distance while working, with hands free posing for couples and families and utilizing lenses with longer focal lengths. I will refrain from hand shakes and hugs until further notice. (Please tell your children and explain the situation prior to the session if they are used to physical contact with me).
- Contactless Terms and Conditions – Terms will be emailed prior to the session as usual. You may sign and return via email or snail mail prior to the session to avoid contact. Terms still need to be completed prior the session.
- Payment – For the time being, I will accept online payment without a service fee. Payment may be made through an email invoice or by mailing a check or money order prior to the session. I do not accept Venmo.
- Additional Precautions – For your particular shoot, please let us know if there are any other guidelines that you would like us to follow.
I have an obligation to keep you all safe when you book a shoot with me and I want to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible.
Thank you for your support of small business!